Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Courtesy of Stephen Hopkins:

Bush's Political Base Seems Restive, Anxious

Seems to me like it's becoming a dogpile. I especially liked Peggy Noonan's comments, "The president seemed tired, unsure and often bumbling. His answers were repetitive, and when he tried to clarify them he tended to make them worse. He seemed in some way disconnected from the event."

The only reason she sees that now is that, like Paul, the scales have finally fallen from her eyes. She now sees what the rest of us have been saying for three years.

John Zogby (is that really a name?) said, "Bush's greatest asset was his unimpeachable integrity in the eyes of most Americans. But with no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, that integrity has been chipped away and right now some large lumps are falling off it,"

What I don't understand is why it took WMD's to chip away at Bush's "integrity." Wasn't his involvement in Mid-East oil, Enron and Cheney's connection to Halliburton enough????

Oh, and the whole "I'll work to be a non-partisan president" rhetoric. He then immediately went in, divided the Senate down the aisle and proceeded to alienate every Democrat in Washington. Not to mention reneging on our treaties (remember Kyoto?) with our international friends.

Some people I know have expressed the opinion that they are glad Bush was in the White House on 9/11 instead of Gore. I wonder if the attacks would have even happened at all if Bush hadn't created such a huge level of international distrust. Makes me shake my head.

But, lest you think me a bandwagon-jumper-onner, I'm not supporting Kerry just yet. I really don't enough information about him just yet. I know more about Dean, and I do like him, if only because of his medical background. Our healthcare system in the US is broken. It needs to be fixed. I think I'd like to support the person who could really make that a priority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home