Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Modern-Day Martin Luther Nails 95 Comment Cards To IHOP Door:
"'IHOP has grown weak on powdered sugar and fruity garnishes, forsaking the righteousness of its original rib-sticking mission,' said Lyman, who nailed his 95 comments to the door shortly before the morning brunch rush, when they would receive maximum exposure. 'This house is no longer a house of pancakes—it is a house of lies.'"

I heard that they had some guy named Tetzel selling syrup packets out on the streets too...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can't stop him; he's on a mission from God!

[cue Blues Brothers music ... ]

;-)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sturgeon's Lawyer said...

You wanna know what's really scary about this?

I read about half the article before noticing it was in the Onion.

As an IHoP fanatic myself (born within a few days of the first IHoP opening, in fact) I was tickled by the concept. Sorry it's fake. Maybe I'll need to do it myself...

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya. Despite its shortcomings, IHoP is one of the very few places in New England where I can get a semi-decent version of biscuits 'n' gravy and grits!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home