Friday, January 13, 2006

Food poisoning

What a week! I went out to dinner Saturday night, and by Monday late morning, I had a fever, chills and plenty of cramping. My fever went up to 102.6 by Tuesday, so Wednesday morning I went to the hospital. They gave me IV fluids and antibiotics. Plus, Morphine, the wonder drug. I've heard that some people react badly to morphine, but it just took the pain away and helped me relax.

I relaxed so well, that I didn't even mind being left in the hallway for an hour after my ultrasound. Everyone else was freaking out, the ER nurse was about to come and get me. Me? I was just sleeping in the hallway....

I feel much better now, although I'm still a little tender. Went to a Scout meeting last night, and am back in the office today. I should be back to normal (whatever that is) soon. Important safety tip: Be careful what you eat!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like a picnic (so to speak!); glad to read that you're on the mend now ...

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home