Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Strange thing that happened to me this week.....

Monday I went to a spinning class at the gym across the street. I usually do at least three each week, work out another day or two, ride the stationary bike at home and then take a long bike ride on the weekends. But I digress. I hadn't been to a Monday class before, so there were some people there I hadn't seen before. There was one guy, obviously very fit, off in the corner. He had a mostly shaved head, except for two small braids in the front that stuck up, sort of like horns. He worked the whole class like a maniac! About half way through, he started smacking himself in the head - whack! Whack! All in time to the music..... everyone is just looking at him, wondering why this guy is so angry. Sure, he looks a little like a punk, but he's obviously not a gutterpunk, and he's working out at Gold's Gym. Soon, he starts staring himself down in the mirror. Without warning... he starts punching the mirror and growling at himself. Bam! Bam! I thought the mirror might break. Well, the class ended without major incident, and I left. It occurred to me that this guy was going to look back at this time in his life and wonder, "What was I so angry about?"

So today, I go back to spinning class and had a fine workout. Punk boy wasn't there, just a number of people I usually see on Wednesdays. But toward the end of the class, the instructor lets us know that one of the other Gold's Gym instructors is on the CBS show, "The Amazing Race 6." Adam, she tells us, is on the show and we should watch. Someone makes an odd gesture.... puts up their two index fingers on top of their head like horns! I immediately recall the guy from Monday... and begin to wonder. Could it be the same guy?

CBS - The Amazing Race

Guess what... it is! So here's a little "inside" information - he certainly didn't tell us anything - but if he's so dang angry, my guess is that he's already lost. He'd be a lot happier with a million bucks in his pocket.... and maybe wouldn't be smacking himself in the head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home