Thursday, June 24, 2004

Hey everyone!

I saw the cardio dr. today, and the news is mixed. These are the test results from my nuclear stress test that I took Monday. As far as scarring goes, I got a zero. That's a good number - no scarring from the heart attack. The next number tells us how well my heart is pumping, and that number is very good. The cardio dude says that often with a heart attack, the heart isn't pumping all that great.. but mine is good.

So... now to the mixed part. There's a scale of blockage, which on a scale of 0 to 4 where 0 is best, I'm at a 3.5. The Dr. thinks that my stent might have failed, so I again have some blockage.

The upshot of all this is that I'm scheduled to have an angiogram and stent replacement on Tuesday. I'm not excited by the prospect of spending more time in the hospital, but at least this time I won't have had a heart attack too......

My backpack trip in August (12 days in the New Mexico wilderness) is still on, he tells me not to cancel, I'm still on track to go....

I could be in the hospital as little as 8 hours, and no more than 36 he says. So, prayers would be appreciated.

It's a weird, scary, emotional time. Thanks for all your support,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home