Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I've been pretty quiet for a while now, I was riding my bike a week ago and crashed - breaking my elbow! Slows down the typing, dontchaknow! But, seeing this in the news just got me all hot to blog!

Bush Backdrop Turns Sour (washingtonpost.com)


"When President Bush visited a Timken Co. ball-bearing plant in Canton, Ohio, a year ago, he told workers that their optimism about the future of their company inspired his optimism about the future of the economy.
.......
Last week, Timken announced that the folks right there in that room are getting fired. Timken, the world's largest industrial bearings maker, whose chairman is a major donor and fundraiser for the Republican Party, plans to shut down three factories in Canton and eliminate 1,300 jobs."

With the Dow and the Nasdaq down, the war in Iraq going badly and Bush's approval rating at an all time low, all we need is for Kerry not to completely screw it up.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home