Thursday, May 19, 2005

American Heart Association

Well, here it is. The one year anniversary of my heart attack. What's different? What's the same?

This has been more difficult to write than I thought. I wrote a bunch of stuff, but I erased it all.

I think what I'm discovering is that most of the "things" in my life are the same. Same activities, same stuff.

But, I think I am different. Not that I miss the way I thought, or the way I lived. Many things are better now. I'm not so concerned about being late, or worrying about getting things done. I sleep in more, I watch more movies. There are things that I still need to work on - I'm still not completely comfortable trusting myself.

I miss my sister, I wish she had somehow found a way to get better earlier.

I'm grateful that I'm still here, and I wonder what life around me would be like if I hadn't been able to make it.

I don't think I have any answers, but lots of questions still. I felt like I needed to mark this date with something, but I'm not sure why. I hope next I year I completely forget it, and only remember later.

Thanks for being there for me throughout this past year. It's been a doozy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home