Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Watched "The Point" yesterday. Very interesting. About as good as I remembered it. The animation style is very period, but I really enjoyed it. At 11 to 13 bucks, it's not a bad way to spend and hour and a half or so. You can pick it up at Amazon.

Had a great weekend, went backpacking with the Scouts. We hiked up the Trail Canyon Trail to Tom Lucas campground. Actually, it's hard to tell exactly what campsite we were in. There are several Tom Lucas Campgrounds - "Old" Tom Lucas, "New" Tom Lucas (which is now abandoned) and then there's the camp where we stayed. It's a beautiful spot, next to a stream. There are three picnic tables, a BBQ and a fire pit. We lugged in our own Duraflame log so that we were assured of firewood. There's plenty of down and dead wood there - but it sparked up quite a bit. We felt better about bringing our own log in - it made for a nice gentle flame and no danger to the increasingly dry brush.

Nice hike out too, Patrick twisted his ankle pretty hard, but he hung in there and made it all the way. I was very proud of the way the rest of the crew responded. Several of them immediately came to his aid and took a few heavy items to lighten his load.

We got home very early Sunday, the boys were motivated! Several made it home in time to go to church! I got to go out to REI with my friend Brigitte and buy a new bike. I need to stay in shape for Philmont this summer, and I have to be able to keep up with Brigitte and Mike! (Mike and his son are coming in from Texas to be on our crew.) I had my REI dividend burning a hole in my pocket, so that's what I spent it on this year. I certainly do not need another sleeping bag!

All in all, a great weekend. I'm looking forward to riding my bike this Saturday - down to the Rose Bowl and back for a little 15 mile trainer. We'll see how much of an improvement this bike is over my old beater. Of course there is a price difference - my old bike was pieced together from spare parts!

Here's my totally inconsistent Tuesday Scout Related link:

Philmont Food MMM, mmm! Buy yours today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home