Friday, January 23, 2004

I'm off to Joshua Tree National Park

Spending the weekend backpacking into the desert. No snow there now, but night time temps are in the thirties. Should be fun! The desert is beautiful this time of year.

I've still been so incensed by the State of the Union that I haven't really coagulated my thoughts. Sheesh - how many more programs is Bush going to start? A billion here, a billion there..... All the while he's telling me about how the "tax cuts are working." But I don't know anyone who is actually paying less tax this year than last. In addition, cities and states are getting the shaft (paying for all those expanded federal programs) and they're trying to raise new revenue too!

Jeesh, here I am complaining about tax and spend and sounding like a Republican! But they're the ones I'm gripping about.

I'll need to relax this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home