Wednesday, September 24, 2003

The Direct Marketing Association sure is busy these days!

But can they enforce it?

You may have to be a registered user to see this article:
California Is Set to Ban Spam

The DMA is fighting hard to "save jobs" at the expense of the rest of the planet. They are also fighting the effort to enforce the ban on FAX advertising. The DMA is fighting a losing battle on all these fronts, and should give it up now. There is no way these direct marketing ploys will be tolerated. They use up my resources to send *their* message. Not OK.

I once called a guy who had sent me a FAX ad for his local printing business. His story? "I'm just a small business trying to get the word out." Too bad. I'm just a small business too, and using up my paper and my time on my FAX is not a legit way to do business. Pony up the money for a real campaign - use flyers, the mail, whatever. But don't spend my money for your advertising. That goes for email (how much extra are we spending on servers that are now working more than 50% of the time to process spam? And how much have you spent lately on a spam filter? Or how much time have you spent hitting "delete?"), telemarketing (like I pay for my phone so that you have direct access to me? I think not.) FAX, and now - text message spams.

The DMA and their members are mostly miserable excuses for human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home